Monday, January 31, 2011

उगली स्वेअतेर्स एंड ओथेर थिंग्स

So the title says "ugly sweaters and other things" but for some reason blogger went nuts and changed the language. I will forgive it because now I look edgy and cool :)

My circular knitting has improved quite a lot and I have finally started on my first very ugly sweater! It is going to be made out of garage sale yarn in shades of brown, and should have quite a lot of character. I am just finishing up the second sleeve of it, and will be putting together a video of how it was designed and assembled when I have a bit more done.

I did not use a pattern to create this sweater (it will probably show) but rather I designed the shape and then figured out how to make and then assemble the pieces I would need. If I am successful in making a wearable sweater, I will post some sort of non-traditional pattern for those strange knitters who happen to be my size.

My next project is a little more straight-forward, leg-warmers for my friend <3

In other breaking news my sculpting is also progressing quite well. My current project is a bas relief of my pet hermit crab, and I can't wait to post pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment